Sunday, August 15, 2010

In the beginning....

So this is my first blog...I'm new to the land of blogging.  I'm hoping not to breach any blogging etiquette, but I figure someone will let me know if I go too far astray.

People seem to have themes for their blogs, but I figure mine will just be about my family, my life, my weight loss quest and my attempt to balance it all.  They always tell you how tough it will be, but until you're there you have NO idea!  At least I didn't....

I guess I'll introduce the main cast of character:  Owen, Felix, Emmett, and Dave.  I have a HUGE supporting cast of family and friends (the best in the business), but I figure they'll be introduced along the way.

Owen
Owen is my oldest.  He's 5 years old, and I always say that he started it all.  He's a really imaginative, well-spoken little man who loves stories and make believe.  He also loves the retro-teletoon channel (Spiderman, Scooby-Doo, Inspector Gadget).  It's a constant battle trying to wean him off of TV.  He'll be starting senior kindergarten this year...I can't believe how fast time flies!!!

Felix is 3 and a little fireball!  He has absolutely no fear....which scares the dickens out of his mom :S  He's crazy active and its hard to slow him down.  He's also my cuddliest boy.  He's a little behind in his speech, so he's in speech therapy.  I kind of don't want him to start speaking properly because its SO cute when he says things like:  I hee a hee-hee (translation:  I see a fishy!).
Felix

Emmett
Emmett is our baby.  He's 1 and just started walking.  It's cute to see his little personality showing already.  He's super stubborn, and thinks he should be able to do all the things his older brothers do.  He's a little nut, and has the hair to prove it.  He's given us quite a run for our money in his first year of life as he was born with a congenital heart defect (an aortic coarctation) which was surgically repaired at 13 days old.  His aorta subsequently narrowed again and has since been corrected with a balloon angio.  His heart is looking good these days, but he's still on blood pressure meds.  You'd never know he's a cardiac kid to look at him though....

Through all of this, Dave is my rock.  I'm so lucky to have a husband who is so involved with me and with the kids.  I count my blessing everyday that I met him and that he puts up with me on a daily basis :)

Anyhow...that's a little preview of my life.  I hope I haven't been to cheesy.  Bear with me as I figure out how to do this.  I used to be a descent writer before nursing made me shorten all my narratives.  I figure it'll come back pretty quickly....

No comments:

Post a Comment