Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Owen went back to school today!  Yay!  It was time.  He was getting seriously bored of me despite my best efforts.  He even told me so :(

He's in senior kindergarten this year at a public school.  I'd really wanted to send him to catholic school, but I much preferred the Early French Immersion program offered at the public board.  His lessons will be 100% french both this year and next year. The english will be fazed in by grade 6/7 when it will be a 50/50 split between french and english.

He's still doing half days (afternoons) and his school won't even be changing to full days for Felix next year.  I'm happy with half days.  I'm not ready to let him go fully...I've got another year to work on it.

So here we go with another year of buses, and books, and old friends, and new.  I really do love the school year.  I love the routine it brings with it and I know Owen does too. 

I'll have to work on some new tricks for next summer so the "boring old mom" doesn't rear her ugly head again :S

No comments:

Post a Comment