Sometimes, after nights like tonight, when I arrive home over an hour late from a shift because patients were heavy on the call-bell, I was bogged down with admissions and paperwork, and I feel like I ran around all night and accomplished nothing....I need to remind myself why I love being a nurse (and I usually do).
1. It's NEVER boring.
2. I have the privilege of being invited into peoples lives when they are at their most vulnerable.
3. Once in a while, I feel like I actually made an impact on someones life.
4. I learn something new every day that I go to work.
5. I've got the best dinnertime topics for my non-medical friends and family.
5. Nurses ROCK! And I get to call them my friends :)
There's more, but I'm too worn out to think about it anymore. My next installment will be titled: Why I hate the inventor of the call-bell.